The Hunnung is a twin-peaked tomb of King Taejong (reigned 1401-1481), the third king of Chosun Dynasty, and his wife Queen Consort Wonkyung. Innung is the tomb of King Soonjo (reigned 1800-1834), the 23rd king, and his wife Queen Consort Soonwon. The Heonin Tomb is a composite name of Heonleung and Inleung. This twin peak was assigned as a historical site No. 194 on May 26, 1970. Mt.Daemo, a mountain situated at the back of Heonin Tomb is situated 290.8m above the sea. The mountain used to be called as Mt. Halmi or Mt. Daego attribute to its shape as an old lady. The name has been modified to Mt. Daemo according to a King’s command as the King Taejong’s Heonin Tomb was established here.
Chungkwon Shrine is also a tomb of Hyo Ryong daegun, a older brother of the King Sejong, located at 191-1 Bangbae-dong. Born as the second son of King Taejong, he was assigned to Hyo Ryong daegun at 12th year of King Taejong's rule. He was a devoted son and having brotherliness with his siblings. He enjoyed reading especially faithful to Buddhism thus took in charge of managing Joseongdogam when building Wongaksa (temple) in King Sejo 10th year (1466). In addition, he also published Korean translation of Wongak-gyeong (the Scripture of Consummate Enlightenment). The name ‘Chungkwon’ was originated from the book no. 18 of.
It is a commemorative monument erected in the second year of King Myongjong (1546) in the memory of Sang Chin ((three top officials 1493-1564), currently located in Sangmun High School (1000-1 Bangbae-dong ) and there is also a spirit-path. The monument was appointed as the Seoul city Tangible Cultural Asset No. 60 in 1984. The spirit-path stands 362㎝ tall, a dimension of 170㎝ and thick as 104㎝. It is consisted of three parts of which a proper stele, a footstone and a flat capstone of jade. The inscription was built by Hong Som, a chief state councilor during Joseon dynasty and the letter was written by a son-in-law of Joongjong, Namwon Song In who also wrote the Battle of Mt. Hwang inscription.
The sedentary wooden status of Daesung temple is a sculpture that imitated Buddha's image. This sedentary statue was carved in wood in the later part of Joseon dynasty but its surface was reworked by the next generation. The temple was managed by Baek Seong-yong monk, who was one of the 33 masterminded people of the 3.1 liberal movement in 1919. Daeseung Temple is an old temple and its origination goes all the way back of Baekjae period. It was told that Marananta from Dongjin who propagated Buddhism to Baekjae during the King Chimnyu, the 15th King of Bakejae period, had suffered from different water and soil but cured the disease after drinking the water from the location. He built a Daeseong Chodang and stayed here which is the original of the Daeseong temple.
Many monks stayed here through Shila, Goryo and Joseon period and among them were Great Monk Wonhyo, National Preceptor Pojo Jinul and Great Monk Muhak as well.
With circumference of 1.4m, it is estimated to have been planted when Sinjamsil was established during the early period of Joseon dynasty. Sinjamsil was a national institute for sericulture, setup to propagate intelligence of sericultural to people. Currently young mulberry trees are growing around the dead tree reminding the history of this site.