A non-Korean married to a native Korean can apply for a Resident Visa (F-2). The Resident Visa holder is allow to stay legally for 5 years and can also get an employment. A person who lived in Korea more than 5 years with the F2 visa is entitled to receive a green card.
A MARRIAGE REGISTRATION BETWEEN KOREAN AND NON-KOREAN
(In case registering the marriage in Korea first)
: Department of Census Registration at OK Civil Service Center of Seocho-gu District Office 82-2-2155-6295
- Korean ： Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage/Affidavit of Approved Requisite on Status Relations Conduct of the non-Korean spouse. (In mother language or in English) → Translate in Korean
※ The Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage/Affidavit of Approved Requisite on Status Relations Conduct to register marriage is different from country to country thus the concerned party should confirm the requirements through embassy (a consul) of country or with the person in charge of the matter at the governing districts
- Two sets of a family register of the Korean spouse.
- Two copies of Marriage Registration
- Name, resident numbers, address, signature or stamps of two witnesses (Koreans).
- Stamps or signature of the concerned party.
- Identification cards of the concerned party.