|Yangjae Driving Training School||172-1Yangjae-dong, Seocho-gu||02-501-1682|
|Sadang Driving Training School||2698 Bangbae-dong, Seocho-gu||02-591-6300|
|The Types of License||Qualifications|
|Class 1 for Large Vehicle,
for Special License and small vehicle
|At least 19 years of age. At least one year of driving experience with the license of class 2. At least 18 years of age|
|Class 2 for Regular,
for small and medium
|At least 18 years of age|
|Class 2 for motorcycle and bicycle||At least 16 years of age|
|Class 1 and 2 for handicapped||A person who passed Mobility Aptitude Test A person who passed the physical check-up that conforms the class 1 license|
|Physical Examination Standards||Corrected Eyesight: Class 1 - 0.8 or better for both eyes, 0.5 or better for each eye
Class 2 - 0.7 or better for both eyes; those who lack vision in one eye should have eyesight of 0.7 or better and range of 150 degrees or wider in the other eye.
|Color Vision: Must be able to identify red, green and yellow.|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear sounds of up to 55 decibels (for hearing aid users, 40 decibels).|
1. The original driver's license from oversea (You can get the foreign license back when the local driver's license is issued)
2. Confirmation from your embassy
3. Translation and notary on the license (No need to do this process if the details on the license is already in English)
*If there is no validity period and issued date on the translated notary, you should prepare a document that could prove the issued date and validity period of "certification of driving experience' that was issued from the administration which issued the license.
4. Passport and certificate of fact from Immigration Bureau (for locals) / Passport (for foreigners)
*Either certificate of fact from Immigration Bureau or the entry stamp on the passport that could verify your 90 days or more of sojourn in the country where you acquired the driver's license.
*Natives: Resident registration or passport that could verify you. (A native refers to a person who's residence is registered in Korea according to the Resident Registration Act. Article No. 6)
*Foreigners: Passport and Certificate of Alien Registration
*Overseas Koreans: Passport and Certificate of alien registration
*Those short-term stays who will stay less than 90 days without filing alien registration may not receive the local driver's license (However, other general tests that doesn't give waiver benefit of driver's license is possible)
6. 3 photographs (3x4 color, no hats, not background and taken within 6 months)
|Service Fee||Physical Check-up (5,000 won), fee to make the license (6,000 won) and other simple subjects (6,000 won)|
* Foreign driver's licenses are only eligible for exchange to a Class 2 Regular domestic driver's license.
* Driver's licenses acquired from recognized countries (Belgium, Poland, Spain, Italy) are eligible for exchange for the equivalent class of the original license.
* Applications cannot be submitted by a proxy.
Countries that Recognize Korean Driver's License (As notified by the National Policy Agency on November 1, 2008).
1. Countries that exchange a Korean driver's license for their local driver's license, exempting license holders from all tests.
2. Countries that allow holders of a Korean driver's license to drive in their country without acquiring a local license.
3. Regions that promote an independent license system - such as Hong Kong, Taiwan and Guam - are included as a country.
4. For countries that have altered their recognition status of the Korean driver's license after notification by the National Policy Agency, the altered status will be applied.
* Driver's licenses issued by a country that recognizes the Korean driver's license: exempted from all tests but a physical exam.
* Driver's licenses issued by a country that does not recognize the Korean driver's license are exempted from all tests but a physical exam and written test (20 multiple choice problems). The written test is available in Korean, English and Chinese.